in Fountain Hills, AZ
At Dr. Rick Dentistry in Fountain Hills, AZ, we understand that dental visits can be stressful and unpleasant for some patients. That’s why we offer sedation dentistry—a safe and effective way to reduce fear and anxiety during your appointment.
What is Sedation Dentistry?
Sedation Dentistry is a dental treatment method that uses medication to help patients relax during their appointment. The medicines used are generally mild and can have varying effects on the patient, depending on the type chosen.
Who Needs Sedation Dentistry?
Sedation Dentistry is an excellent option for patients who experience dental phobia, feel anxious about their appointment, have a strong gag reflex, or need help getting through more complex procedures. It can also benefit individuals with medical conditions that make it challenging to remain seated for lengthy dental appointments.
Types of Sedation Dentistry in Fountain Hills, AZ
At Dr. Rick Dentistry, we offer three types of sedation dentistry: Oral Sedation, Nitrous Oxide (Laughing Gas), and IV Sedation.
- Oral Sedation involves a medication taken in pill form to help the patient relax during their visit. The effects of this type of sedation typically endure for multiple hours.
- Nitrous Oxide, also known as “laughing gas,” is a mild sedative inhaled through a mask. The effects are felt almost immediately and will typically wear off within a few minutes after the procedure has finished.
- IV Sedation involves a medication administered through an intravenous line. This type of sedation usually provides a deeper level of relaxation than other forms, and its effects may last several hours.
Benefits of Sedation Dentistry
Sedation dentistry can provide many benefits for patients, including:
- Relief from anxiety and fear
- Reduced discomfort during treatment
- Shorter appointment times
- Allows for more complex procedures to be completed in one visit
- Decreased sensitivity to sound and touch during treatment.
How Much Does Sedation Dentistry Cost in Fountain Hills, AZ?
The cost of sedation dentistry in Fountain Hills, AZ, will vary depending on the type of sedation used and the length of your procedure. However, Dr. Rick Dentistry strives to make our services affordable for all patients by providing payment plans and accepting most major insurance providers.
Schedule your Sedation Dentistry Consultation in Fountain Hills, AZ, Today!
If you are looking for a dentist in Fountain Hills, AZ, who offers Sedation Dentistry, contact Dr. Rick Dentistry today! We look forward to helping you achieve a beautiful, healthy smile! Call us at 480-585-4244 or schedule an appointment online today.