Traditionally cosmetic crowns require a minimum of two appointments to place. Dr. Rick Dentistry is pleased to offer same-day CEREC crowns using cutting-edge technology and high-quality materials. Here's all you need to know about our cosmetic restorations and how they can transform your smile.
What Are Dental Crowns and Why Would You Require One?
Dental crowns are custom tooth-colored caps that cover the visible portions of damaged teeth to restore their function, strength, and natural appearance. Dr. Rick may recommend a crown for the following reasons:
- To protect a weak or severely decayed tooth
- To support a tooth with a large filling and not much tooth structure left
- To hold together the parts of a cracked tooth
- To preserve a tooth that's undergone a root canal treatment
- To replace one or more missing teeth by covering an implant or holding a bridge in place
- To close minor gaps or spaces between teeth
- To improve the appearance of a misshapen or severely stained and discolored tooth
- To make cosmetic modifications in terms of the color, shape, size, or overall appearance of a tooth
What Are CEREC Crowns and What Are Their Benefits?
CEREC stands for "Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics." CEREC crowns are incredibly natural-looking, durable restorations created right here at our Scottsdale office using state-of-the-art technology and materials.
Aside from transforming the appearance of your smile in a single visit, our CEREC restorations deliver numerous benefits, including the following:
- The cutting-edge digital technology creates an exact replica of your mouth without the need for uncomfortable and messy putty.
- You won't have to wear an uncomfortable temporary crown while waiting for a dental laboratory to create your custom crown.
- CEREC crowns are closely color and texture-matched to your surrounding teeth, delivering seamless results.
- The high-quality porcelain material is less prone to flaws, cracks, and damage than other types of crowns.
What Is the CEREC Crown Procedure?
Dr. Rick will first prepare the affected tooth by reshaping it to accommodate your cosmetic crown. Next, he will take 3D scans of the tooth and use our proprietary software to refine the images and create a precise virtual model before submitting it to our onsite milling machine. The model will be used to create your restoration from a solid block of porcelain.
Dr. Rick will ensure your one-hour cosmetic crown provides a perfect fit and color match before placing a dental adhesive and securing it to your prepared tooth. Your new restoration will look so natural that nobody will tell it apart from the surrounding natural teeth.
Caring for Your Cosmetic Dental Crown
Maintaining meticulous oral hygiene practices will help ensure the longevity of your restoration. Make sure you brush and floss regularly and visit Dr. Rick Dentistry for your twice-a-year dental exams and cleanings. That will lower the chances of developing new decay and allow you to enjoy a long-term healthy and beautiful smile.
Dental Crowns Near Me
Visit Dr. Rick Dentistry in Scottsdale, AZ, to learn more about our cosmetic CEREC crowns and how they can transform your smile. Dr. Rick and his team are committed to providing aesthetic, durable restorations using the latest technology, techniques, and materials. Call us to schedule your appointment today!