Dreaming of a white, bright smile this holiday season? If so, you’ve come to the right place. Dr. Rick Dentistry is pleased to offer a range of cosmetic dentistry solutions to keep you smiling your best during the holidays and all year long. We invite you to visit our Scottsdale practice to get started today!
How Do Teeth Get Stained and Discolored?
As the years go by, dark foods and drinks like coffee, tea, and berries can leave you with stained and discolored teeth, as can smoking and the use of tobacco products. Tooth discoloration can also occur due to the natural aging process, trauma, or the use of certain medications. Dr. Rick Dentistry offers in-office teeth whitening to erase teeth stains and discoloration with beautifully natural results.
What Happens During a Teeth Whitening Treatment?
Dr. Rick will start the whitening procedure by placing a shield over your gums for protection. Next, he will apply a professional-grade bleaching agent to your tooth surfaces, lifting tooth stains and discolorations from deep within. A specialized laser beam will break down the stains, enhancing the whitening process. The last step is a fluoride treatment for strong teeth and gums. Most patients achieve a smile several shades whiter and brighter in just one office visit!
What if You Are Not a Candidate for In-Office Whitening?
Not all stains respond the same to teeth whitening. In-office whitening treatments are highly effective on yellowish stains resulting from prolonged exposure to staining foods and drinks and tobacco use. However, grayish or brownish teeth resulting from trauma or the use of medications may not respond as well. In addition, teeth whitening will not lift tooth stains off dental work like tooth-colored fillings, crowns, or dentures.
If you are not a candidate for in-office teeth whitening, Dr. Rick may recommend alternative cosmetic dentistry solutions, like cosmetic bonding, porcelain veneers, or porcelain crowns. Our aesthetic restorations will restore your smile’s sparkle, leaving you smiling your best. As a bonus, cosmetic bonding, veneers, or crowns mask a range of tooth imperfections, delivering a uniform, flawless smile.
How Can You Maintain Your White, Bright Smile?
Once you achieve your holiday smile, there are things you can do to keep it white and bright, including the following:
- Maintain Excellent Oral Hygiene: One of the best ways to keep your smile white and bright and to keep dental disease at bay is to maintain good oral hygiene habits. Make sure you brush and floss regularly, and limit sugary foods and beverages. Remember, a healthy smile is a beautiful smile.
- Limit Staining Foods and Tobacco Products: Limit your consumption of dark food and drinks, like coffee, red wine, and berries. If you indulge in a rich meal, make sure you rinse your mouth to wash away the staining agents. It’s also important to avoid the use of tobacco products to prevent tooth staining and to keep tooth decay and gum disease at bay.
- Drink Lots of Water: Water offers a natural way to flush your mouth and wash away bacteria and food debris. It also helps neutralize acids, keeping your smile fresh and preventing staining. Water keeps you hydrated, lowering the risk of dry mouth, which can be detrimental to your oral health.
- Eat Crunchy Fruit and Vegetables: Crunchy fruits and veggies like apples, pears, carrots, and celery help produce saliva, which flushes food debris and bacteria, keeping your smile bright. These foods are also rich in fiber, acting like toothbrushes as you eat, which helps remove tooth surface stains.
- Maintain Routine Dental Exams and Cleanings: If you haven’t done so in the past six months, make sure to visit Dr. Rick Dentistry for your twice-yearly dental exam and cleaning. Dr. Rick and our team will address any dental concerns as they surface, preventing them from interfering with your smile. Your dental cleaning will also remove tooth surface stains, leaving you with a beautiful, bright smile!
Teeth Whitening Near Me in Scottsdale, AZ
If you’d like to learn more about maintaining a bright white smile this holiday season, contact Dr. Rick Dentistry to schedule a consultation. Dr. Rick, one of Scottsdale’s top dentists, will ensure you have the smile of your dreams in time for the holiday festivities. We invite you to call 480-585-4244 to schedule your appointment or request one online today!